Thursday, January 17, 2019

Because you are never too old for bubbles!!!

A wonderful afternoon during the holidays in Southern California, all of us were coming out of a cactus garden and 2 minutes later the girls sprinted.
I couldnt run at their speed and saw both of them chase these humongous bubbles.


Once I caught my breath, I sat in a corner and saw the kids just enjoy the simple joys in life. I looked at Miss V, like really really looked her

She squealed with laughter, made those massive bubbles and popped them with equal zeal. It was heart warming.

Miss V, my Chatterbox, My old soul, my kind soul and above all my strong soul turns 11 today.

She is at that confusing age when You are too old to hang out with little kids and still too young to hang out with adults. That confusing age when you want to be silly but are too cool to be one. When you are too cool to be cool. Her turning 11 is just a step in this confusing age.
I will hence forth call these years "Sighing Years" or "Eye Rolling Years" or "Mom, this is embarrassing" or "Urgh" years!

You get the idea!

Under her shell of snappiness, kindness, strength, resilience, anger, frustration is still my little girl, is still my chatterbox, my lovely Miss V. She lights up the room, engages everyone around her in deep meaningful conversations, she reasons, she debates, she loves immensely and takes every challenge on!

Miss V, she is becoming such a lovely lady. A lovely strong lady!

Happy Birthday dearest, you turn 11.
We can no longer count your age on our fingers.

No comments: