I know I should call it Tabbouleh, But I will continue to call it a 'Bowl of Golden Bliss'
Because that's exactly what it was!!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Bulgur/Cracked Wheat/ Daliya: 2 cups washed (Readily available in grocery stores)
Very Finely chopped vegetables
1/2 Bell Pepper
1 celery stick
2-3 leaves of Kale
1/2 bunch Parley
1 tsp Lemon Juice (feel free to include more lemon juice if you like it tangy)
Spices: Per Taste
1. Boil the washed cracked wheat and drain excess water: Takes about 15 minutes,
2. Let it cool and meanwhile chop all the vegetables very finely
3. Add all vegetables, lemon and spices except parsley to the boiled Daliya/ cracked wheat
4. Keep in fridge until ready to eat.
5. Add the finely chopped parsley at time of eating for the freshest taste of the 'Bowl of Golden Bliss'
1. Supportive husband loved it, gobbled up my share, his share and the extra for later.
2. Miss Chatterbox aka my 7 year old Miss V ate 1 cup and tasted from all other cups that hubby ate
3. Little Lady aka my 2.5 year old Miss S tried a few spoons and seemed interested. She is a sweet tooth, so this was awesome!