By now you know, I am not the 'fittest person' and I am far faaaar from being the size I want to be, but, well I am doing something about it.
Last year was much better health wise for me and definitely spirits wise as well. This year, I want to continue the trend in the right direction. And I have a buddy system in place now with a lot of follow through and just checking in with each other to ensure we are 'doing something about it'
So what's going on in the 'Getting Fit' business?
1. My fitness pal: I have been logging religiously on this for 36 days now and I want to continue until spring break and then enjoy the beaches to come back to more of the same.
2. Balanced meal: I have been eating everything (which is what I love about this tool), and I have increased protein in our vegetarian meals, more tofu (this tofu steak has become a staple in our house), more quinoa and definitely more lentils (which I really don’t like and hubby loves) and continuing our regular vegetable infused dishes
3. Working out: So this has been a big game changer, I have signed up for a neighborhood gym and 3-4 days a week, I have been waking up at god awful 5:30 am to go for a 45 minute class. I have been crashing every single night at 9:30 pm. Some days I have even gone for a 5 am class, which for me is crazy good.
4. Weighing in: I have been weighing myself once a week, there has been no weight change, it has not gone up or down. My trainer says: Muscle formation. I will go with that story, makes me feel better, but weighing in day makes me feel like ‘examination day’ and so far, no pass and no fail. I am focusing on the no fail element! It gives me hope that I can Pass someday
5. Buddying Up: This has been the real motivator. I take a morning class; Sumit heads out for an evening class. We encourage each other and discuss the crazy workout our instructors think we can do. The kids have a hearty laugh when we enact the trainers! I message my partners in crime, it’s just nice to be able to say: ‘I am so sore, I can’t walk!’ or 'Why haven’t you logged in today'
I was debating whether I should post this or not especially considering it’s only been a month and my before and after pictures look exactly the same!
Yay, I have been going strong for a month : the good
My gosh, waking up at 5:30 am really sucks: the bad
I can do this……. and sustain it : the best