It's been a while since I have posted recipes, I guess a lot of it is to do with my MIL being here and she is pampering me and cooking for us.
This past weekend we had some dear friends over for relaxed conversations and a fun evening. My chatterbox had been 'demanding' spaghetti for a really long time, so that resulted in an Italian Menu.
For me, an Italian dinner starts and ends with Bruschetta... no questions asked
Here is my quick adapted recipe for the delicious Bruschetta
Time to Prepare/Cook/ Assemble: 10 Minutes
1. French Bread: One Loaf
2. Butter: 3-4 tsp
3. Tomato finely chopped: 1 cup
4. Onion finely chopped: 1/4 cup
5. Olive Oil: 3 tsp
6. Garlic cloves: Finely chopped: 2 cloves
7. Spice: Salt, Black Pepper per taste
8. Fresh finely chopped Basil: 1/2 cup
9. Toasted Sesame seeds for garnishing
1. Mix all the topping ingredients and let it sit for 30-45 minutes.
Note: You can use it right away, but if you let it sit then the juices blend really well together
When ready to eat:
2. Cut 1/2 inch slices of French bread, and butter on one side.
3. Toast on a pan very slightly
4. Layer the topping and then the garnishing and serve.
This time around I didn’t take any pictures, one I was super hungry and two they got devoured before I even thought of it.
So enjoy this 'Quick Fix Bruschetta' as and when you please!