Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wild Wild West

The name 'Wild Wild West' was enough to pique my interest. No not the movie but the adventure park. When I got the email to go here in the middle of winter, trust me I jumped on it. Hell, I was interested. Of course the distance from the city was a bit much. But in the middle of dead winter, even an hour plus seems okau. The kids can take a nap. It is a short drive.

On fathers day weekend, I invited another family to join us for this trip. So 5.5 year, 3.5 years and 0.5 year old, four adults made it to the Donley's Wild Wild West and I must start by saying, it was awesome. For all the ages. Within the first twenty minutes we realised we have five kids instead of three's since the fathers became kids here.
While my preschooler enjoyed the canoe rides, my husband and his fried were busy trying their hand at shooting and archery. While the toddler screamed with fun in the roller coaster, the husbands were taking challenges at sling shots. My friend and I were having a blast just looking the kids and the husbands and of course the shooting! Need less to say, I lost all the time to Sumit.
There is a show in the park, which I think left a lot to be desired. It was okay but the little ones didnt find the  jokes entertainig or the story captivating. I am very happy that they started with a warning that playing with guns at all levels is wrong and telling the kids what they should do if they ever see one. Considering the current air in politics around gun control and the impressionable age of the kids, this was the right move.
I am a nursing mother and was a bit dissapointed to find a lack of mothers room or something to give me some privacy. However the front desk was very understanding and kind. They let me sit in there movie theater with an outlet for pumping. I must say, having the entire theatre playing old movies while you pump, was an amazing experience. I really applaud the presence of mind and the consideration I got.
Food wise, I didnt know that outside food was not allowed and we had packed a picnic with us. Which I am glad we did. Being vegetarian, we didnt have much choice there. But again I think the management was adjusting and let us enjoy the picnic.
It was a rainy day, so there were not a lot of people in the park. Which turned out to be advantageous. The kids did multiple pony rides, sling shots, played in the park without any lines and best, without any tantrums. They give you a punch card which lets you do a combination of the activites here. Trust me, we didnt get through all the punches even at the end of the day.

I think the 5.5 and the 3.5 year olds did so many carousel rides that they wont be asking to sit in abother one for a very long time.

Over all it was a wonderful day, at $16.99 for a ticket, its perfectly priced to include lots of rides, experiences, and fun. I think the one hour drive away from the city was so worth it. And it helped that Huntley's outlet mall was on our way back. So nothing like shopping for a bit on your way back.
It was a very good fathers day gift for my husband. I asked my 5 year old what her favorite was and she said:

Searching for gold and carousel and pony and rides and plaing and... you get the idea!!!

No comments: