It's so surprising that i have not written any new recipes here in a while now. There was a phase that I was only writing recipes and no updates and now its all about 'This and That'
So to break this barrier, here is the recipe of our 'Go to Meal' nowadays. First and foremost, the speed, its definitely a Quick Food Fix: From start to finish, it is about 15-20 minutes.
It's flavorful, high protein content and the kids love it. We love our 'Vegetable Tofu Fry' also because of its repeatability. Sumit has managed fixing this meal up quiet frequently on days I am running late, too tired or he is just in 'Pampering me mode'
Organic Tofu: 1 packet: Chopped
Chopped Vegetables: 1/4 th cup each:
Onion, Celery, Pepper, Cabbage, Carrots, Kale, Spinach, Tomato, Bean Sprouts (if available)
Other Alternates: 1/2 cup frozen corn & Peas
Optional: 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
For Sauce/ Seasoning:
Soy Sauce: 3 tsp
Chili Oil- 1 tsp (Optional- we like our food spicy)
Ready Made Asian Sauce: Example: Iron Man Sesame/ Vegetable Stir Fry etc. Bottom line, any Asian flavor you may like
Salt: Per taste
Scallion -1/4 cup
Toasted Sesame Seed- 1 tsp
1. Heat 1 tsp of olive oil
2. Add the garlic and all vegetables and Sautee them with half the soy sauce (Just remember, whatever vegetables you have at home work wonders!)
3. When tender remove from flame and cool'
4. Heat 1 tsp of olive oil
5. Add the tofu on low flame and the seasoning/ sauce and let it simmer
6. Now, if you like it crunchy, keep the flame high and make sure you turn the tofu over so it does not burn
If you like it soft and tender, just keep turning it over and cook evenly.
7. Either way, the 'cooking of tofu' takes 5-10 minutes
8. When cooked, add all the prepared vegetables
9. Garnish, serve and enjoy!
10. Feel free to add lemon juice per your taste- Sumit like it a lot, me not so much
Voila.... Vegetable Tofu Stir Fry