Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Falling off the 'Getting Fit' wagon


I am still kind of doing the 'My Fitness Pal', I am conscious about it, but am not being very strict about it. And it shows, The pounds that were melting away like ice cream in a scorching sun has become more like the stagnant water puddle!

The silver line, the pounds that fell off are almost still off! I have gained 2-3 pounds back. But knowing me, if I don't get serious about it, they will all climb back in slowly but steadily. And there goes my 6 months of effort. 
I am getting back to, 'Oh its just one spoon of Bhujia, oh it’s just one cookie' However, I know firsthand how harmful it truly is. I want to be able to get back to me: 'It’s one cookie, that I will quarter up and consume throughout the day instead of all at once!' This way, I still eat it, manage the cravings, but don't cave in.

That's what this 'Getting Fit' business is all about: Eat healthy, manage portions, enjoy life but make healthier choices!


So this post, is more like a reminder/ kick in the hind side, whatever you want to call it, but I do need to get back 'serious' about it.
Changes now are going to be a little more drastic, especially since I have done this before.
So yes, my husband is fore warned that I may be crankier....

Change 1: Be within the calorie recommendation for at least 4 days in a week
Change 2: Walk, Walk, Walk: So far I have been managing the intake and nothing else. So now with the weather warming
up, I could do the simplest thing: Walking
Change 3: Snacking, there is no point denying it, i love snacking. At home, I will hover near the snack cabinet and pop a few things here and there. So, I have gotten things like Skinny Pop, Multigrain crackers and my favorite Rice Puffs!

Here in my latest love: ' Masala Skinny Pop' Here is the simple recipe
1. Heat olive oil, add Jeera/ Rai, 1 tsp Haldi
2. Add skinny pop popcorn, add Mirchi + Salt to taste!!
And ta-da a healthier and more delicious version of the plain old pop-corn!

I am truly enjoying how my dresses fall and my 'older shirts' fit me finally. I know I am away from my dream weight and it will stay in my dreams if I don’t do anything about it.

So one more kick in the back side to 'get serious about the 'Getting Fit' wagon. Again!