Sunday, June 24, 2018

A little nostalgia


Did you know Jurassic Park was released in 1993??? 25 years ago!!

Gosh, I should say, I feel old. But you know what, I actually don’t. I still remember sitting in my seat for Jurassic Park in iconic Eros theater exploring the independence of being allowed to go out for movies with my friends and no chaperone... well one chaperone!

I remember being scared, looking over my shoulders and rationalizing that this could really happen in the future! Dino's felt real, the movie felt real and the fright of the shaking Jello as the Dino walked... felt real. It made me read most of the Michael Chricton books at the time

And it's this nostalgia that makes me go back for-every-single-movie-installment over the past 25 years. Even though its not Steven Speilberg! My husband happily obliges every few years and this time around, we made it to the preview show, sitting in the front rows and enjoying the pop corn.


The movie had too many people and very few dino's. And the dino's that were there were shown locked up for the better part of the movie. There were lesser scary scenes and more empathy scenes towards the Dino. Of course the Dino's were bad, some good, some massive and some cute critters just because! But nostalgia makes me like the movie none the less!

As I sat in the theater on the preview night, I was again a little kid sitting in the theater, but this time with no chaperone.

I am awaiting the 2021 edition of the movie and I imagine, My little dino's holding their hand as they experience the Fright of the T-rex with me as their chaperone of course!


No comments: