Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Culinary Expansion


So who knew this round of myfitnesspal and hubby's crazy low carb diet will become a culinary expansion for the family! A dear friend of mine who is also on the crazy low carb diet messaged me to say "I was waiting for you to start to get creative with food" Nice, I like that compliment!

To support hubby's diet and stick to my adherence to the balanced "MyFitnessPals" intake, I have trying to think beyond the stir fry's and the mix vegetable soups!

Here is where the experimentation has resulted in so far
  1. Zucchini Boats: Loaded with vegetables and topped with cheese and home made sauce
  2. Lettuce Taco Wraps: Instead of beans, a concoction of vegetable stir fly, but having the taco shell as the lettuce: So Lettuce, layered with guacamole, then vegetables, topped with red, green salsa and always topped with more Jalapeno's
  1. Modified Vietnamese Pho: And instead of the noodles, using julienned crisp vegetables and then all the fun toppings to mimic a "pho"
  1. For Soups: Carrot, tomato, ginger soup. I am telling you dearies, as weird as this sound it was one of the best soups for the winter I have made so far!
  1. Beet Salad: Ok this is not the adventurer one, but is my friends tried and tested recipe: Beets tossed with onion, cucumber, ginger, chilli and guacamole as the salad dressing


Here I what I want to experiment with and am perplexed with if it will work
  1. Vegetable cutlets/ patty and I am still at loss for a low carb binding agent, I can think of chickpea flour, but since hubby is doing no nuts/ grains this is also out.
  2. Vegetable lasagna with Zucchini sheets instead of the pasta sheets! Sounds interesting to me and may work
  3. Spinach or Broccoli soup: It really sounds boring to me but I have been told its crazy healthy

What other ideas do you have for this culinary expansion?


On a progress point: Well honestly with weekend travels, milestone parties and general life, every weekend our plan goes out for a toss. But I have been honest enough to track in the tool even if I was 3 times my calorie intake for the day! Giving me a good continuous day streak! Hubby has been also going back every Monday to his healthier food choices and eating all green vegetables as needed.

Can we both improve: Hell yes! Are we both doing okay: Yes! and Is there directional progress: Maybe!


No comments: