Monday, March 2, 2020

Food & Loosing in family game night does bring me Joy!


And it was.

A regular Monday night, I came home, the kids were away with Sumit for some errands. I had the home to myself! (Insert Grin Cheek to Cheek)

After changing into my 'home uniform aka PJ's ', I started Rafi station on Alexa and got into the rhythm of the music and cooking dinner. Visualize this, music is on at a higher than normal volume and there is clanking and chopping and beautiful aroma's emanating from the kitchen. There was rhythm in the house, not just with the music even with the food. By the kids came home, dinner was served!

They all changed, laid out the dinner table and we sat down for a family dinner. The relaxing atmosphere whilst I was cooking made me ambitious and I was happy to make a favorite item for everyone: Bhindi for the little lady, Lauki for me, Green Daal-palak for hubby and paratha for Miss Chatterbox. And of course topped with Raw onions and chilli's!

We enjoyed our dinner together, chatted about the day, complained a little, high fived a little and played a game called "Don’t say No or any negative like not, don’t etc etc" My gosh, was it hard! I lost miserably, even simple statements like "Lets not waste food" has a negative, an alternative way would be "Lets clear up our plates" We giggled, we chuckled, they tricked me into saying 'no' way more times than I would have (I think).

Of course the evening ended with the mundane chores like clean up time, homework time and other regular evening to do's

But as I sit and type this, those 2.5 hours that Monday evening " Brought me complete and utter joy"!

Now think about what those moments were when you were just in the moment and really be 'Joyful'. Be thankful for them!

No comments: