With the whole: 'My Fitness Pal' eating habits are now changing a bit(Finally!). I must commend myself for achieving my last week'sgoal: 'To meet the prescribed calorie intake at least twice a week'
I am happy to report, that I met it 5 days and was even under for one day (only 45 calories under: But hey, every bit of it counts, or I hope it counts)
I continue to have my one cheat day, its generally on the weekend!! I tell myself, it makes me sustain the ' My Fitness Pal'
My friend who nudged me on for this app still nudges me on says: 'It's about making better choices'.
Since I 'document' every morsel of food in my tummy, I better be smart about it. Case in point: At a Birthday party, I skipped on the chips and salsa and chose another vegetable sandwich. No Empty Calories is what I told myself!
The Mini Milano Dark Chocolate cookies are helping me keep me chocolate craving in check. Yay! I am trying to practice moderation. I say 'trying' since it’s really hard to stop at one Mini Milano. The menu and the content of the dinner plate are changing ever so slightly! Hence the term 'Select Foodie'. It should be Foodie in moderation but then it sound boring!
This slight change has made a slight change in weight going in the right direction! Slight but hey, every victory counts!
I have a new person joining in my attempt to use this app and improve eating habits. Sumit, he joined the bandwagon and it's been fun to have someone to complain with and to. Someone who gets it.
Honestly, however: having him join in, is good and bad. He has a tendency of really truly following through (Yeah Yeah, I know that is so awesome).
So the Bad:
1. On Day 3, he stopped by picked up Tofu & edamame and made his own dinner so that the protein content is high! Me on the other hand was eating Kale Paratha with vegetables due to my 'carb overload' issues.
2. He has lost the same number of pounds as me now (I took three weeks to get here and him only 1 week) URGH!!!
3. He manages to go for a run/ a tennis game here and there and me, well I am still lazy about that! URGH!!
And the Good:
1. It’s amazing to have him make Tofu for me before dinner so I can 'snack right'
2. He will happily take my bowl of 'snack' away and pass me edamame!
3. Our dinner conversations are now more like: 'I better eat more tofu and get my protein up instead of pass me another bowl of namkeen'
4. Plus I think it’s really cool to discuss 'Protein-ifying everything' with someone else other than google.
So yeah, the good outweighs the bad!
When I started this, I wanted to follow this through until my vacation in October. With the vacation almost here, I am so happy thinking I did it. I am hoping I can continue at least 'logging the food' for the duration of the trip!
Next Step: Follow through till my big vacation in December.
Remember: It is one step at a time!!