Friday, January 17, 2020

A Dozen Years Old!


The days is etched in my memory, a dozen years ago driving in the snow for delivering my first born. I was amazed, dazed and elated!
And now here, 12 years later as Miss V turns 12, I am still amazed, dazed and elated.

She has truly been an easy breezy baby, toddler, kid, tween and now a wonderful 12 year old!

Miss V, Happy 12th Birthday!
Considering you have found my blog and continue to read my posts, I will still be honest but this year instead of my annual letter to you, I will highlight 12 things that make you super special!

  1. You are wise and mature way above your years. I can talk to you like a friend sometimes, an adviser sometimes and sometimes like a mom and interestingly you know what role I am playing!
  2. You can perceive others feelings with ease. It amazes me how sometimes in a gathering, you will just look at me and smile.
  1. Your face is transparent at least to me, yes a mom just knows sometimes!
  1. Your emotions run high and deep. But you are guarded for the world, and read point 3, yes to me you are transparent! Though as you get older, I wish there was a mind reader that I could use from time to time.
  1. You are analytical, more practical than emotional. Which again goes back to point number, you are way wiser than a 12 year old!
  1. You know which buttons to press to either get what you want or annoy when you want and above all you keep testing the boundaries. It keeps me on edge, but your sense of responsibility shines even when at times when I am exasperated!
  1. You are a true foodie! You will try everything and are showing increased interest in whipping up elaborate meals! I am excited for the years to come to have a foodie buddy.
  1. Your friendships run really deep. You will know a  lot of people, but you stick to your core of evolving young friendships. It is truly amazing.
  1. Your ability to grasp complex scenarios or concepts is outstanding. It is really fun explaining you how things work and learn new things with you. You make me want to stay "current"
  1. Your passion for anything sporty is awesome. This middle school year, with all your commitments, I know it has been lesser than you'd like, but I love that you are passionate about your passion (Yes, cheesy!)
  1. You are not afraid to voice your opinions. Be it a dinner party, a BBQ gathering, a Dance party. You do however take time to listen to another's point of view and then slowly will adapt!
  1. You are a beautiful kid, inside out! The kindness in your eyes reflect your heart. Your smile is naughty, thoughtful and always charming.

It is no surprise that a lot of the kids (young and same age) hang out with you. You become their pied piper! You love to engage with the adults and are cool to hang out with them, immerse them in your world and be adorable. 
I do understand you are at a tricky age- too old for young kids and too young for old kids. It will be a learning experience for all of us. You do love that big sister role and yes you annoy each other and me as a result! (Eye Roll Insert!).



Happiest 12th Birthday to you!
Life is good and beautiful and it will be filled with crazy ups and downs! But remember we are always there in your corner. Be yourself and continue to evolve in this beautiful person you are becoming!

My First born, you are a dozen years old and NO, I don’t feel old (yet!)

No comments: