Monday, January 6, 2020

A good Year 2019


If there are two words I can use to describe the year that went by it will be "Busy" and quite possibly "Satisfying"
2019 = Busy & Satisfying

The year started nice and easy, as always Chicago gets cold but good friends and chatty evenings make it  warm and cozy. Spring through fall, this year was a blur for me! We had family visiting from India for most of it which meant endless beach trips, shopping trips, foodie excursions and of course lots of laughter and endless laundry!
Work was equally busy to the point, I don’t remember having a single night off for 7 continuous months. (Read: Self Pity!) I remember tucking the girls in and then just logging on till the wee hours of the morning. Sumit and I were trading our long work nights so the other one could be with the kids.
But still very satisfying, since kids thoroughly enjoyed the pampering of the grand parents, I did enjoy the professional high and developed an increased gratitude for a simple life. It is a great feeling!

This year is dotted with great highlights: The girls are now finally in the same school which makes life, schedule and discussions so much easier. Touch wood, they both are thriving. The older one planned a Birthday Surprise for me which was completely out of the blue and really well thought of. It still makes me smile, my 11 year old coordinating and executing along with Sumit. And of course, how can i miss: Miss V got her phone (flip phone, much to her angst! But a phone none the less)
The girls got involved with a non-profit this year which they participated in, led and tracked the progress of the work. This was such a fulfilling experience for us a family and as we continue this into the coming years, the life's lessons will be unparalleled.
We continue our travels and adventures. A few weeks in summer across Europe. 8 countries travelled, traversed and ending at a friends wedding were brilliant. We managed a few quick weekend getaways to Lake Syracuse and then of course a much needed Mini Re-Union trip to NYC. Of course the end of the year is marked by 2 weeks uninterrupted time  with my family while enjoying everything Dubai!
Travelling as a family comes naturally to us. The kiddos are such amazing explorers and adventure seekers. Next year, I would like to get more national parks and some fun hikes under our belt!

As the years go by, I get more and more relaxed about my friendships, more secure in some relationships and definitely I am continuously working to reduce the FOMO. As a family, we met some wonderful people this year whom we look forward to get to know better. Friendships have deepened, which in my definition is showing up with a 10 min warning in PJ's and just chilling! Knowingly or Unknowingly I have not been able to keep up with some people and have realized "That's okay.  Life is busy and with kids, work, BAU and just simple silly things, I feel content." 

2019 was a Good Year. I am glad to hit the new decade with renewed energy, more smiles and above all more peace within myself. My belief of "If I am happy people around me will be happier" continues to deepen. I am grateful for a wonderful year and I look forward to the New Year and the New Decade!
And of course more jumping shots!



Hope you rung in your new decade with smiles and surrounded by family and friends and endless hugs and silliness!
Wishing you all a Very Happy New Year





No comments: