Friday, December 4, 2015

Comparing kids with each other is blasphemy

Comparing kids with each other is blasphemy, or so they tell me.

But I do compare my own kids with each other. It's so natural, they are right in front of me! (All the time!) I turn up comparing my two daughters. I know, bad mom, etc etc, but hey I console myself by saying, at least I dont share results of my comparison with them...... but on the blog. I agree to pay for the trips to the shrink due to the result of them reading this stuff eventually!!
Here are my comparative notes.

Food
My older one is a natural foodie, she will attempt all foods, increase spice levels. Of course she is closer to 8, so maybe I am forgetting what she used to do at tiny toddler age. If memory serves me right, she was a good eater but a very slow eater. Very Very slow. And on that front nothing much has changed, even today she could spend an hour on dinner table and day dream her way through it if given a chance.
The little one, aha, is allergic to color 'green'. I kid you not! She will pull out the greens from anything unless of course it's a green M&M. How she ate the ‘Brussel Sprouts’ I have no clue! To her credit, its getting better and she eats regular spice levels of an Inidian House hold. ANything more, and her face turns red, and she screams 'Spicy' and will drink 5 glasses of water.

Clothes
The little one wears her dresses with pride. She will wear them, twirl, carry her purse and say 'Pretty Pretty' all day. It's a battle to get pants/ t-shirt (For Chicago winters, the only choice) on her.
The chatterbox, Miss 8 going on 18. Her favorite clothes: Jeans- T Shirt,  Shorts-T Shirt. I take great lengths to convince her to wear dresses for parties. She won't fuss about it, but if she had it her way, it would be jeans T all the way!

Hugs
Now here there is some commonality: Both are huggers and kissers. They both love to hug us, ask for a kiss on their fore head and are generally affectionate.

My little one has the most melodious voice I feel, she will wake up, go room to room and wish everyone Good Morning and greet us with the sweetest of her smiles. The older one would be the more quiet one in the mornings and will sneak in our bed and hug us till we wake up.

Similarities is also a form of comparison, right?


Both the girls can sit for extended period of time (age appropriate) and keep themselves busy. They both have a natural instinct in soccer and dancing. They both are daddies daughters, for all the 'show off things' they go to Sumit. For all the hugs, ideas and thoughts, they come to me.


It's wonderful to have these two beautiful creatures in my house. They remind me that life is joyous with the right glasses on!

No comments: