Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Just for some sweetness: Eggless Banana Nut Bread

A lovely lazy evening and 'mood for something sweet' made us try a new baking recipe: Banana Nut bread...

Of course, I must add: in the afternoon I saw Sumit throwing away some overripe banana and I was like- I am sure we could do something with that... so the last over ripe banana was put to good use! Sumit was laughing so hard, since I am known for tossing things even slightly wilted, however the over ripe banana made me ‘concious’

Now, baking from scratch is not my forte!! However< i must add that with my little helpers, Miss Chatterbox and Little Lady, this turned out FANTASTIC.

Apparently, humility is also not my forte!

So here is the recipe adapted from here. I made a few tweaks to keep it easier for my little kiddos to help out. 

Ingredients:

Dry Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon

Wet Ingredients:
1 medium size extremely ripe banana
1/2 cup yogurt
4 tsp Oil (I used Vegetable Oil)
1 cup brown sugar (Am sure you could use white, I find white super sweet)
1/4 cup Hot water
1/4 tsp lemon juice

Add In:
3/4 cup walnut (Broken into bigger pieces)

Topping:
1/4 cup Cranberry: For adding on top for crisping
2 tsp brown sugar: For adding on top for crisping

Process:
1. Heat the oven at 375 F
2. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients really well.
3. In a bowl, mash up the banana really well. My little lady mashed it up with her fork really well... she loved the mess
4. Add all wet ingredients one after the other to the mashed banana and employ little helpers while you sip on hot coffee
5. Now, Mix until all wet ingredients to the flour
6. Add in the walnuts, save a few for topping on, mix.
7. Now in a bread pan line foil and pour in the batter
8. Shake the pan a little for even setting
9. Now add the toppings of cranberry, sprinkle sugar
10. Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until the toothpick can come out without sticking


Enjoy warm banana nut bread with vanilla ice cream

No comments: