So here it is..... I got tagged by Lakshmi.. and here is my take on my 8’s!!!
8 TV shows I like to watch:
2. Sex and the City
4. Two and a half men
5. Everybody loves raymod
6. According to Jim
7. Curb your enthusiam
8. Southpark (Yes even though I flinch more in this.. its amazing to see SD being an excited kid through this show!)
8 favorite places to eat
1. Ghar ka khana..
2. Any chaat house/ road side bhel puri walah in Mumbai
3. McDonalds of India ONLY
5. Big Bowl
6. Yummy mom and pop’s joints (veggie!)
7. Hot Wok, Cold Sushi
8. Any place with yummy desserts ;-) Trust me list is endless!
8 things I look forward to
1. Smile on V’s face when I pick her up every evening
2. SD’s contented sigh after good food ;-)
3. Any chutti, any day!
4. Our planned and unplanned trips.
5. Having friends over for dinners and fun!
6. My walk back home from work.
7. My evening chai with inlaws which is waiting for me when I get home!
8. Hopefully run a 5K next year: Vision Walk!
8 things that happened yesterday
1. V’s drop off was lovely and tearless! Phew!
2. Had a long phone call with mum, brother and sister in law. Always good.
3. Work- Some very successfule meetings.
4. First flurries of the season! Yeah! ;-)
5. Had friends over for evenign cuppa chai and snacks.
6. V’s play date evening filled with toys, excited screams and dinner with her friends.
7. Took a nap while putting V to sleep. Any guesses on who went to sleep first, V or me??
8. SD coming back just before midnight and us chit chatting away for hours after that! Wow. And yes yawn now!!!
8 things I love about winter
1. Christmas!! Lovely lights, snow, cheerful mood, carols, red and green colors!
2. Getting my jackets out.. and mixing and matching with my stoles!
3. Being indoors and relaxing with friends and family
4. Wii time! Poker time! Board games time!
5. Looking out of my window in groggy morning eyes.. hoping there is snow ;-)
6. Office pot lunches, Christmas parties and Secret Santa :-)
7. SD, me and V cribbing at how cold it is and we are in all the time! To some extent its cute.
8. Knowing that winter will end and the summer will come!
8 things on my wish list
1. Bring a smile to all around. (Gawd, it sounds like a beauty pageant answer!)
2. Travel the world! Travel to known and unknown places
3. Take a interior décor class, be able to execute my vision for home improvements without fear!
4. Find a cure/ solution for diabetic retinopathy.
5. Loose the extra pounds (Without making an effort for it!) : Come on I can wish for it.
6. Have family closer to me.
7. SD for his wishes coming true.
8. More shoes, more purses, more clothes… and yes, more space to store them! Haha!!
8 things I am passionate about
1. V and ensuring she gets a well rounded upbringing.
2. Of course SD! ;-)
3. Friends and all the fun we have
5. Desserts, yes all food as well, but desserts in specific
6. Being optimistic. There is light at the end of tunnel, always!
7. Life is good!
8. Family: I might be shy and coy (HAHAHA). But for me, family comes first and I can go to great extents to make sure all of the above 7 are well balanced!
8 words or phrases I use often
1. V and all her pet names
3. Love you
4. Listen naah!
5. Acha, lekin (Ok, but!)
7. It’s like
8. Thank you
8 things I learnt from the past
1. Whatever happens, happens for a reason. Buckle up, chin up and smile!
2. Choose your words carefully, you never know when they can come to bite you in the a**
3. Count to ten if you are really mad.
4. Never let a fight/ argument continue past sunset. Begin each day afresh.
5. Smile.. you can get most done.
6. If you are down and beat up, dress well. The colors, the process will cheer you up.
7. Keep in touch with friends.
8. Saying sorry doesn’t make you small. Saying thank you doesn’t make you bigger.
8 places I would love to go, visit or see
1. Europe- Cruise, road trip and relaxation
2. Australia/ NZ
3. Any cruise!
4. Leh, Ladakh
5. Kerela/ Back waters
6. Machu Pichu
7. Alaska only in summers
8. The whole world- its charms, its wonders, its people! (I know again Beauty pageantish!)
8 things I currently need or want
Hahahah… Man man man.. 8 is too less a number!
1. New laptop with built in everything
2. SD’s new phone… and may be mine in the deal as well ;-)
3. Always need more shoes, more purses, more clothes! (I know I have said that before)
4. Definitely want parents and family to come visit us and V SOON.
5. V’s play area to be bigger
6. A bi-weekly maid service
7. A self pampering day with my girl friends.
8. World Peace!
And of course, you saw this coming.... here are people whom i am tagging [Yes, this is followed by a heeping grin and an evil laughter!!!!!]
Tine, i know you are no longer blogging... hence you forgiven this time ;-)
Lakhsmi.... This post took me the longest to write. Its so easy to write about general things, other people and observations. So hard to write about ourselves!