Monday, December 27, 2010

Pre-conceived notions are sometimes wrong

Especially about movies

Case in Point: Star Trek.

Hubby watched it and recommended I watch it as well. Me, having my pre-conceived notion about it said: Oh no, I'd rather not. I don’t know the different characters and somehow have not followed the series. He was like, that’s exactly what I thought, but it’s really nice and you must watch it.
And I did, I loved it, every minute of it. The story, the graphics, the language, the alternate-reality concept, the thought and above all the line "Vulcan culture is preserved but we have lost a civilization"
Very nice movie... I am now contemplating catching up on the series. Let’s see.

Second case in Point: Sherlock Holmes.
I had read a few of Sherlock Holmes series as a kid. I enjoyed them then. Above all FB and other review sources didn’t speak highly about the movie. So I was double minded. But, on a snowed in Xmas afternoon with cozy blanket, it seemed like a perfect choice. And I enjoyed the movie a lot. I loved the simplicity and above all the depth that the different characters portrayed in the movie. I loved the representation and how small details can reveal so much about a person. Nice movie.

So that’s what my Xmas weekend was. Daughter enjoyed the new play-blender immensely. And we enjoyed good board games and then some more board games. Nice lazy weekend!

So, tell me which movies recently unexpectedly exceeded your expectations?

2 comments:

Shilpa said...

Haven't seen a good movie in days :(

Shilpa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.