Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Quick Food Fix: Roasted Asparagus with Dijon Vinagraitte

A couple of weekends ago, we had a dinner party at home and I was in my 'cooking mode'. I wanted to cook something intresting. Not the same old same old. So along with a complete Italian Dinner spread, I tried my hand at Roasted asparagus and trust me, they were delicious. We all gobbled them down and a friend who is not a big asparagus eater also stole them from another plate.

Let me put this way: They were a success.

Its super easy to make and super delicious and I think super healthy. So basically its a Super Super thing to make!

Ingridients:For baseAsparagus- Of course, I used one bunch
Olive Oil - 2 tsp.
Garlic- One clove finely chopped
Sea Salt- Per taste
Fresh crushed Pepper - Per taste
Chilli flakes- Optional
Base Process:1. Toss all the ingredients of the base
2. Bake it in preheated oven(350 F) for 7-10 minutes
And its ready

For DressingHoney Dijon Mustard- 1 tsp
Lemon Juice- 1 tsp
Olive Oil - 1 tsp
Dressing Process:1. Mix all the ingredients of the dressing
And its ready

To serve:1. Scoop out the roasted asparagus, spread dressing as needed.
And its ready!!

I told you, its very simple.
Now mind you, Dijon mustard mixed with lemons has a very tart taste, so go easy on the dressing.
The conundrum, how do you eat them?
1. If you use a fork, the delicious dressing gets left behind on the plate.
2. If you use a spoon, well good luck getting the asparagus on it.
3. If you use a hand, yumm yumm yummm

Let me know how you ate yours?

Sadly no pictures... I guess we are all too busy licking our fingers!

No comments: